Are you looking for a free, easy, step-by-step guide on how to start a blog?
My free guide on this web page will show you how to create a blog that is beautiful and functional, all in an handy step-by-step tutorial (with pictures).
Ready to start the easy step-by-step tutorial?
The Blog Starter’s tutorial on how to start a blog for beginners
IF YOU LIKE WATCH VIDEO OF HOW TO CREATE BLOG INSTEAD OF READING ARTICLE HERE IS THE VIDEO EXPLAIN EVERY THING
My name is John, and I am going to show you how to start blogging. I have been building blogs and web sites since 2013. In that time I have launched various of my own blogs, and helped thousands of others do the same.
I am aware of that beginning a blog can appear overwhelming and intimidating. This free guide is all about running a blog for beginners, and will teach you how to be a blogger with just the most basic computer skills. So whether you’re eight or 88, you can create your own weblog in much less than 20 minutes.
I am not ashamed to admit that when I was first getting to know how to build a weblog I made a ton of mistakes. You can gain from my experience of my journey on blogging so that you don’t repeat those mistakes I made when you make your own blog. I created this free guide so that everybody can study how to weblog quickly and easily. And if you get stuck at any point, please send me a message and I will do my fantastic to assist you!
What is a blog anyway?
In short, a weblog is a kind of internet site that focuses ordinarily on written content, additionally recognized as blog posts. In famous lifestyle we most frequently hear about news blogs or celebration blog sites, however as you’ll see in this guide, you can start a successful blog on just about any subject imaginable.
Bloggers frequently write from a private viewpoint that lets in them to join without delay with their readers. In addition, most blogs also have a “comments” part the place readers can correspond with the blogger. Interacting with your readers in the remarks part helps to further the connection between the blogger and the reader.
This direct connection to the reader is one of the principal advantages of beginning a blog. This connection allows you to interact and share thoughts with other like-minded people. It additionally lets you build trust with your readers. Having the trust and loyalty of your readers also opens up the door to making cash from your blog, which is some thing I talk about later in this guide.
Should you start a blog?
One of the misconceptions about beginning a weblog is that you need to be a extremely good creator to be successful. Nothing ought to be further from the truth. People study blog sites to get a private viewpoint on things, so most bloggers write in a very casual and conversational style.
In addition, you don’t need to be an professional on your subject in order to have a successful blog. For example, readers of a cooking blog don’t want to examine a textbook from a food scientist, they want to hear the experiences of any individual who has honestly cooked some actual meals, errors and all.
To be successful as a blogger there is clearly just one requirement: a passion for your topic.
At its heart, blogging is about sharing your information with the world. Choosing a subject that you are passionate about makes the procedure of starting a successful weblog so plenty easier. Writing about greater than one subject is totally excellent too. As long as you are writing about matters that you are truely interested in, your passion will shine through and hold your readers interested.
So why would you go to the trouble of blogging? There are a few reasons:
• Make cash from home. Blogging can be pretty lucrative if done correctly. The top bloggers in the world obviously earn quite a bit, however even a part-time blogger can expect to make a pleasant profit if things are carried out correctly. The first-rate part about it is that running a blog is a form of passive income, due to the fact, that you can spend just a few hours a week writing a blog submit and then continue to make money from it long after the weblog publish is written. I go into a good deal extra detail on how to blog for money later in this guide.
• Share your story. A weblog permits you to have a voice and be heard. You can share your story with the complete world if you so choose. One of the most common approaches blogs are used are as a diary the place the blogger writes about their day by day experiences so that friends, family, and others can all be a phase of their lives.
• Recognition for your self or your business. No, you possibly won’t have paparazzi following you round due to the fact of your modern day weblog post. But a profitable blog can French you a ton of awareness in your respective field. Many bloggers are recognised as professionals simply because of their blogs, and some have even gotten e book and movie deals primarily based on their blogs.
• Find a community. Blogging at its heart is interactive. You write a weblog publish and people comment on it. This is a magnificent way to join with people who are interested in the same things as you are. Blogging lets you to educate these people based totally on your experience, and it offers you the probability to analyze from your readers as well.
The precise news is that the internet is exploding with boom right now. More people than ever are online. This explosion increases potential more practicable readers for your blog. In short, if you are thinking about beginning a weblog then there is no better time than this time
So, simply how do you begin a blog?
How to Start a Blog in 6 Steps
Learn how to create a blog in about 20 minutes following these steps:
• Pick a weblog name. Choose some thing descriptive.
• Get your weblog online. Register your weblog and get hosting.
• Customize your blog. Choose a free template and tweak it.
• Write & post your first post. The enjoyable part!
• Promote your blog. Get greater human beings to study your blog.
• Make money blogging. Choose from quite a few options to monetize your blog.
Let’s start your blog!
Step 1: Pick a weblog name
The first step to discovering an excellent blog, is to identify your topic.
If you’re now not sure what to blog about, there are a few methods to discover an accurate blog topic:
• Hobbies & passions. Hobbies or other pastimes you are passionate about are a remarkable place to start. Cooking, travel, fashion, sports, and automobiles are all traditional examples. But even blogs about more obscure pursuits can be successful, considering the fact that your target audience is actually everybody in the world with the internet.
• Life experiences. Everyone has lessons they have discovered via existence experience. Sharing this understanding can be particularly useful to others in comparable situations. For example, I helped a girl start her blog about being a fireman’s wife. She has a lot of experience and knowledge to share with others about this topic, and it has helped her connect with others in comparable situations. Think about the matters you have skilled in life. This should be associated to your family (example: a blog about being a remain at home mom), (a blog about experiences dealing with clients), or other lifestyles experiences (a blog about dealing with a troubling time such as an ailment or divorce, or about a completely satisfied time such as making ready for a wedding or a start of a child).
• A personal blog. A personal blog is a blog all about you. This will consist of a variety of topics, from things you do on each day basis, to random thoughts and musings. This is a awesome way to share you ideas with the world except having to stick to just one topic.
Once you have a subject matter it’s time to select your blog name.
A top blog name should be descriptive so that achievable readers can immediately tell what your blog is about simply from the name.
If you are blogging about one particular topic then you will actually choose to consist of that in some way in your blog name. Try not to get hung-up on just one word though. For example, a cooking blog doesn’t always have to have the phrase “cooking” in it. The words “food”, “recipes”, and “meals” would additionally let people know that your blog is about cooking.
If you are planning to create a personal blog the place you talk about a variety of matters then I endorse the use of your name, or some variant of it, considering the fact that your blog is all about you. You can additionally add your center identify or middle initial if you locate your name is already taken. Or you should use a version like “Blogging with Your name”.
Once you have some blog name thoughts you will need to select a domain extension.
A .com area extension is the most preferred, but .net or .org work as well. It is also necessary to note that for the functions of a blog area you can’t have any areas between words. So “Blogging with yourname” becomes bloggingwithyourname.com
Now that you’ve received your name and have picked an extension it’s time to make certain that no one else has already registered the equal name:
Note: You cannot use any spaces or punctuation other than dashes in a area name.
If you find that the name you wanted is already taken there are a few things you can do:
• Try a different domain extension. If the .com version is already registered you can also nonetheless be able to get the .net or .org model of your blog name.
• Add small words. Words like “a”, “my”, or “the”. For example, this web page is called TheBlogStarter.com alternatively of yourname.com
• Add dashes between words. For example, yourname.com
Step 2: Get your blog online
Now that you’ve obtained an identify picked out, it’s time to get your blog online. This might sound tough or technical, however the steps under will stroll you proper through and make the method easy.
To get your blog up and strolling you need two things: blog hosting and blogging software. The good news is that these commonly come packaged together.
A blog host is an organisation that stores all of the files for your blog and can provide them to the person when they type in your blog name. You need to have a blog host in order to have a blog.
You additionally need to have the software program to construct your blog. In this guide I will be showing you how to construct a blog the usage of the WordPress blogging software, due to the fact it is the most popular, customizable, and easiest to use.
• They will register your blog name for you for free, making sure no one else can take it.
• They provide a free, simple set up of the WordPress running a blog software program (which I show you how to use in this guide).
• They have been recommended by using WordPress considering that 2005 and currently host over 2 million blogs and websites.
• They have useful 24/7 customer service by way of phone or net chat.
• They have a money-back guarantee if you are unhappy for any reason.
Use any BlueHost link on this site to make sure you get the different bargain charge of $2.75 per month.
Disclosure: BlueHost compensates me when you buy through my link, so my offerings are free of cost to you! In fact, if you have any trouble at all placing up a blog with this tutorial, just contact me and I will do it for you.
2. Select your plan. I suggest that new bloggers get the fundamental plan. Click “Select” to pick your plan.
3. Type in your domain name in the left box and then click “next” to start the registration process.
If you already own a domain title and favor to use it for your blog, type your present domain in the right field and then click on “next”. Only use the proper box if you have previously paid to register a domain!
4. Fill out your billing details on the registration page.
5. You will also want to pick out your hosting package and options.
• All packages have everything you want to get your blog up and running, consisting of a free domain name, handy WordPress blog installation, internet hosting, and branded e-mail accounts (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
• The 36 month bundle gets you the lowest month-to-month rate, while the 12 month package deal has a lower up-front cost. Remember, you can cancel anytime.
• I uncheck the box subsequent to the other merchandise when I sign-up. You can continually get these merchandise later if you figure out you need them.
6. You will then want to create a password for your account. Once you do that you can select a basic design template for your blog (you can effortlessly exchange this later, as you will see).
Now your weblog software (WordPress) will be installed. Once the set up is whole click “Start Building” to be logged-in to your blog.
You must additionally receive an electronic mail with your weblog log-in details. (NOTE: The login important points for your weblog will be distinct than for your BlueHost account.)
Step 3: Customize your blog
To begin with, you will need to login to your blog. Go to http://www.yourblog.com/wp-admin to carry up the login display (replace “yourblog.com” with your area name). If you are unsure of your login name or password, take a look at the e-mail that was despatched to you from BlueHost that has this information.
Changing your blog design
Once you login you will be in the WordPress administrator area. This is the place you can make any changes you desire to your blog.
Everyone has a distinctive idea of how they prefer their blog to look. One of the top notch things about a WordPress blog is that you can alternate your whole design and diagram with simply a few clicks.
In WordPress, blog layouts are regarded as “Themes”. What is a blog theme? Themes manipulate the whole format of your blog. To alternate your theme you are going to click on the “Appearance” tab on the left menu.
You will see various issues are already mounted on your blog: Twenty Seventeen, Twenty Sixteen, etc. These are well-designed, clean-looking themes that can work for just about any kind of blog. In fact, many of the world’s pinnacle bloggers use one of these themes.
Unless you have a very unique sketch in idea for your blog, I suggest you use one of these issues to begin with. For our example, let’s use the “Twenty Twelve” theme. In order to set off the theme on your blog, hover over the theme and click on the “Activate” button. That’s it! You have modified the complete layout of your weblog with simply one click!
If you don’t like any of the topics that are already hooked up you can without problems select from hundreds of different free themes. To set up a new theme, click on the “Appearance” tab on the left menu and then click “Add New”.
This is the theme search screen. By clicking the “Feature Filter” you can search via color, layout, and more. Check the bins that you want and then click on “Apply Filters”.
Now you can browse the themes that have the characteristics that you want. When you discover one that you like click the blue “Install” button.
Once the theme is set up click “Activate” to activate the theme on your blog. To see your new theme in action, go to your weblog and take a look!
Changing your theme is the simplest way to personalize your blog, however there are lots of of other customizations you can do. Check out my full publish on customizing your blog for an in-depth step-by-step guide. You can additionally watch the video at the give up of this guide to see me absolutely customise a blog from scratch.
Step 4: How to write a blog put up & put up it
Now that your blog is up and jogging it’s time to surely do some blogging!
Go to the left menu and click on “Posts”.
You will see there is already a submit there. This is a default submit on each and every new WordPress blog, and we don’t need it. To delete it click “Trash” just below the post.
To begin writing a new post, click the “Add New” link.
You are now on the publish editor screen. Enter the title of your publish in the top field and then start writing your post in the lower box.
If you would like to add a photo to your post, click on on the “Add Media” button and click on “Select Files” to upload an image from your computer. You can make adjustments to the photograph size on the next screen. When you are geared up click on “Insert into post” to add the picture.
Once you have completed your post simply click the “Publish” button on the right aspect of the display screen to put up it.
Publishing Your Blog
Even after you have written a post your blog may additionally still be showing a “Coming Soon” page.
When you are ready to make your blog public simply click on the “BlueHost” menu at the top left of the menu in your administrator location then click on the blue “Launch” button to remove the “Coming Soon” page.
Congratulations! You now comprehend how to begin your personal blog and publish content!
Step 5: Promote your blog
Creating a well-designed blog and writing incredible content is simply the start. In order to get readers for your blog you will want spend some time promotion it, specifically when you first start.
One of my preferred ways to get readers to my blog is to submit links on my social media accounts like Facebook and Twitter. This is great, because no longer solely do your friends see the link, but if your friends share the link with their pals it automatically multiplies your readers. If you have created amazing content on your blog then social media is a incredible way for your blog to go viral.
In addition to getting new readers to your blog, you will also desire to make sure your modern readers are coming back. This is the place email advertising performs a large role. By amassing the e-mail addresses of your visitors (with their permission of course), you can then notify them when you put up something new on your blog. This keeps people coming back to your blog, which will longer solely gives you more readers over time, it additionally allows you to build a nearer relationship with your readers.
Step 6: Make cash blogging
Once you have put in the effort of developing high-quality blog content material and promote your blog, making money from your blog is truely the convenient part.
There are quite a few methods you can make cash blogging, from promoting your very own merchandise or services, to getting paid to write evaluations of products on your blog. But the best way to make cash from your blog is to sell advertising space.
Once you have a famous blog, advertisers will be hounding you for the possibility to advertise. The first-class way to take benefit of this situation is to use Google Adsense. They find the advertisers for you and all you have to do is locate the Google Adsense code on your blog to begin jogging ads. Google Adsense takes all of the tough work out of the process and just cuts you a check.
I hope this information has answered any questions you had on how to start a blog, however if any of the steps have been unclear to you, you can find a greater precise version of every step by means of using the menu at the top right of this web page (or at the bottom of this page if you’re on a smartphone).
I welcome your question in the comment box below